Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

Donnerstag, 18. Juni 2009

° ° Blueberries ° °

While walking the dog I do discover many intresting places.... ever since I am back from living in Norway I miss Blueberries! As you may know the entire country of Norway seems to be covered with a thick carpet of wonderful blueberries that give you perfect, delicious and haelthy meals or desserts in summer! This is something I miss most... well, I know some places here where they grow, too, but the bushes are weak and hardly carry any fruits...
...but while roaming the area for ancient sites (we have many of around here) I strolled along a path leading through a beautiful moorish area and what did I find?!! Yes, Blueberries!!!! A large area full with ripe, big, strong and tasty berries and there are still millions to be ripe soon!!! I didn't believe my eyes - what a sight!
Besides, the entire area is very beautiful and special and I don't know why I never walked there before. Also pretty cotton grass is growing here, too, that also reminds me well of Norway! Next to this I found only a short way apart a small tight forest containing about 25 barrows or tumuli from Bronce Age; all still in very good shape and perfect condition. Very intresting; they are about 4000 years old. I have no idea how they could withstand so many years without falling apart and vanishing on this sandy and/or moorish ground....?!! Wonder what our ancestors did, how they lived and how they could build those barrows...

Here are some of the washed and ready to eat Blueberries! I had them with vanilla joghurt, but they are so delicious just with milk, too!!!





2 Kommentare:

marit hat gesagt…

mmm...delicious! The weather is still too cold here, so we haven't found any ripe blueberries yet. But they bloomed earlier, so I hope there will be some! The kids love blueberries with their pancakes:-)

Torhild Reidardatter hat gesagt…

I LOVE blueberries too. True the one thing I miss the most about Norway is the wilderness and its fruits. My boyfriend just bought a house on a mountain side and guess what I found in the back yard? Blueberries- lots of them..
cant wait to pick some in late july.