Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

Montag, 9. November 2009





An emotional Day today! 20 years of Freedom! For all of Germany and the entire World! Fall of the Wall 20 years ago! This was a special time! I remember it as if it was only yesterday: I rented out two rooms of my house for a young East-Berlin couple; they didn't believe that they could travel and be free and were afraid to go back to Berlin. So they stayed a few months, untill the situations were cleared and East Germany was History.....

3 Kommentare:

Sylvia hat gesagt…

I visited Berlin last december and was very impressed by the city and it's history. I wish I could be there today, must feel very special.

Bella McBride hat gesagt…

I remember I was in my last year of high school when this happened and coming from a small rural community in Canada, I just couldn't grasp the whole concept. It's a momentous joyous occasion to be celebrated!

All the very best,
Bella

Harpa Jónsdóttir hat gesagt…

I remember when I heard it on the news. I almost couldn't believe it at first. I also remember visiting Berlin and seeing that wall - not many years before the fall.
Congratulations on this very special and historical day!